Emergency Paediatric First Aid day practical training
This course can be upgraded to the full Paediatric First Aid if required and all learners will receive a very comprehensive paediatric first aid manual which covers the full training syllabus.
This is the new Emergency Paediatric First Aid Course and covers just 7 areas of content. *This course is suitable for nannies, parents/grandparents or those within Early Years who are working as part of a team with other staff who hold a Full Paediatric First Aid Certificate. Childminders or those working alone on the Compulsory Ofsted Register must take the Full Paediatric First Aid Course.
- Be able to assess an emergency situation and prioritise what action to take
- Help a baby or child who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- Help a baby or child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- Help a baby or child who is having a seizure
- Help a baby or child who is choking
- Help a baby or child who is bleeding
- Help a baby or child who is suffering from shock caused by severe blood loss (hypovolemic shock)
Just one-day of practical classroom training provided by friendly and experienced trainers.
Please wear comfortable clothes and bring photo ID – our trainer will request sight of this for certification purposes.
We provide light refreshments at our training centres, but not lunch – so you may wish to bring your own or purchase your lunch at the venue or nearby.
This course suitable for learners of all confidence levels and those with special requirements. It is designed to be fun and dynamic with memorable training techniques that maximise recall.