Full Paediatric First Aid – Blended 1 day practical + 1 day e-learning
This innovative course combines one day of focussed practical training, with 6hrs of interactive e-learning. The result is a memorable and enjoyable learning experience that maximises recall and provides the skills, knowledge and confidence to act effectively when emergencies arise.
The course meets all EYFS/Ofsted requirements and CSSIW and Scottish Early Years.
- The aims of First Aid, the role of the paediatric first aider
- Accident reporting and first aid kits
- The Primary Assessment
- Infant, child and adult resuscitation (CPR)
- Recovery position and Secondary Survey
- Infant, child and adult choking
- Epilepsy and seizures
- Allergic reactions and anaphylactic shock
- Shock, bleeds & minor injuries
- Fractures, dislocations, sprains & strains
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Sickle Cell Anaemia
- Bites & stings
- Electrical shocks, burns & scalds
- Extreme temperatures: heat stroke, hypo and hyperthermia
You will receive a FREE Paediatric First Aid Manual – the most comprehensive available in the UK and have the option to take a FREE Annual Refresher Course.
Please wear comfortable clothes and bring photo ID – our trainer will request sight of this for certification purposes.
We provide light refreshments at our training centres, but not lunch – so you may wish to bring your own or purchase your lunch at the venue or nearby.
This course suitable for learners of all confidence levels and those with special requirements. It is designed to be fun and dynamic with memorable training techniques that maximise recall.