A PRIVATE HOUSEHOLD CLEANER IS AN INDIVIDUAL WHO WILL CLEAN AND DEEP CLEANSE YOUR FAMILY HOME
All private household cleaners are met, interviewed and thoroughly vetted by The Parent & Child Nanny Agency. All cleaners will have a DBS Enhanced Disclosure at the start of employment.
A cleaner is usually employed to work several hours on certain days during the week in order to oversee and uphold the cleanliness of the family home.
Typical duties of a private house cleaner may include:
- Deep cleaning most surfaces (counter-tops, sinks, tubs, toilets, floors, appliances, etc.)
- Scrubbing and sanitizing kitchens from top to bottom, including the exterior of cabinets and drawers, exterior of appliances like stoves and refrigerators, counter-tops, sinks and drains, back-splashes, light switch plate covers, knobs and handles
- Cleaning tables and chairs
- Scrubbing and sanitizing bathrooms from top to bottom, including toilets, tubs, showers, sinks and drain openings and polishing chrome
- Dusting trim work, baseboards, doors, picture frames, light fixtures, etc.
- Vacuuming upholstery and carpet
- Vacuuming and mopping hard floors
- Interior window cleaning
A private household cleaner may be employed or self-employed and can work as frequently as required pending availability. A cleaner does not generally take on any other duties unlike a Housekeeper who will carry out full cleaning, domestic, child/pet-care and management duties.
A private household cleaner will typically earn £10 – £12 per hour on a self employed basis.