BY UK LAW IT IS A LEGAL REQUIREMENT THAT ALL NANNIES ARE PROVIDED WITH AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT WITHIN 8 WEEKS OF THE NANNY STARTING WORK
Why do I need a Contract of Employment?
Commencing employment with a fair and detailed contract of employment is essential to the start of a happy and healthy working relationship. An employment contract protects both employer and nanny and ensures all parties understand the terms of employment set out from the start.
A nanny Contract of Employment should include the following:
- Name and address of nanny and employers
- Duration of contract
- Start date
- Hours of work
- Days of work
- Gross salary
- Holiday entitlement
- Mileage allowance/agreed car use
- Full job description including duties
- Probationary and notice period
- Grievance and disciplinary procedures
- Privacy and confidentiality agreement
A contract of employment should be signed by both parties and copies made.
The Parent & Child Nanny Agency will provide a draft specimen contract template to clients as part of our nanny introduction service.