The safeguarding policy sets out The Parent & Child Nanny Agency’s approach to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young adults and vulnerable persons with the purpose of this policy being to protect children and young people at all times.
This policy applies to any person registered with The Parent & Child Nanny Agency.
This policy has been drawn up on the basis of law and guidance that seeks to protect children, namely:
- Children Act 1989
- United Convention of the Rights of the Child 1991
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Sexual Offences Act 2003
- Children Act 2004
- Protection of Freedoms Act 2012
- Relevant government guidance on safeguarding children
We recognise that:
- The welfare of the child is paramount, as enshrined in the Children Act 1989
- All children, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity, have a right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse.
- Some children are additionally vulnerable because of the impact of previous experiences, their level of dependency, communication needs or other issues.
- Working in partnership with children, young people, their parents, carers and other agencies are essential in promoting young people’s welfare.
We will seek to keep children and young people safe by:
- Valuing them, listening to and respecting them
- Adopting child protection practises through procedures and a code of conduct for staff and volunteers.
- Developing and implementing an effective e-safety policy and related procedures.
- Developing and implementing an effective photograph and video policy and related procedures.
- Providing effective management for staff and volunteers through supervision, support and training.
- Recruiting staff and volunteers safely, ensuring all necessary checks are made
- Sharing information about child protection and good practise with children, parents, staff and volunteers.
- Sharing concerns with agencies who need to know, and involving parents and children appropriately.
We are committed to reviewing our policy and good practice annually.
This policy was last reviewed by The Parent & Child Nanny Agency in November 2020