FIRST IMPRESSIONS COUNT SO PREPARING FOR AN INTERVIEW IS ESSENTIAL IF YOU WANT TO BE CONSIDERED FOR YOUR PERFECT NANNY JOB
As part of your interview preparation process, we recommend you consider the following:
- Location check: check the commute time and journey details in advance. Allow yourself plenty of time to get to your interview location. Allow 5 minutes to calm any anxiety or pre-interview nerves you may have.
- Presentation: Present yourself in a neat and well-dressed manner. Long nails, excessive make-up, dangly jewellery and inappropriate dress is an interview faux pas for childcare related posts.
- Nanny File: Prepare your Nanny File* in advance and bring it with you to the interview. Find a suitable time during the interview to ask a prospective employer if they would like to have a look.
- Timekeeping: Your interview is likely to be located at the family home. Arrive early but do not knock on the door until your designated interview time as there may be another interview in progress. The same applies for interviews in any other location.
- Photo Identification: Always bring proof of identity in the form of a passport or driving licence. You may not be asked, but The Parent & Child Nanny Agency guarantees that all candidates will arrive at the interview with photo identification.
- Conduct: During conversation regarding previous/current employment, never talk negatively or in a derogatory way about another employer. Never disclose another employers ‘personal information and never use inappropriate vocabulary.
- Children: If a child/children are present at an interview, introduce yourself to the child and gently engage with them where possible.
- Late/Delays/Lost: On the unfortunate off-chance that you are late, delayed or lost, call the family immediately using the number The Parent & Child Nanny Agency provided at the time your interview was confirmed.
Nanny File*: Your nanny file is a folder presented to a professional standard displaying your paperwork. This should include the following:
- Qualification Certificates
- Childcare related certificates
- Paediatric First Aid Certificate
- Ofsted registration Certificate
- DBS Enhanced Disclosure
- Nanny Insurance Policy
- Driving (with children) Insurance policy
You may wish to personalise your folder with EYFS developmental and planning ideas, meals plans/ideas and photos. Never use photos without the necessary parental permission.